Monday, August 20, 2012


Isobel

I.
To try to follow the Om and Sage -
My violin knows the language
And is teaching me.
She is nameless.

I’ve been feeding a grey stray cat
Because its bones protrude.
I’ve named it Gazpacho.

I do not yet know my violin’s name.
She may not know my name
But we trust each other.

II.
The naming of a violin is a difficult matter.
Today, she will be Isobel
Not a lover, but mother or daughter.
We’ve always had a platonic affair

It’s been suggested I try sleeping with her –
They don’t know
She has a rattle snake rattle inside.
Better that she watch from the wall
echoes and reverberates.

I hold her by my hand.
She holds a pleasant conversation.
But unexpected screeches at times –
She’s very sensitive.

I am true red fiddle woman of the high plains
Dancing in conversation
Capitulated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment